No one will have to want for Zucchini or the other summer squash this week at the Market - Check out the other great vendors we'll have on hand
We had such a great opening weekend this last week, complete with music from Demon Squirrel, Denali and the bluegrass sensation more often seen at the White Eagle, Student Loan, we’re totally stoked to be bringing even more new vendors this week. Some of the folks who’ve contacted us about joining for the 12 July Hawthorne Market include:
- Dan of City Garden Farms with plenty more exciting produce, some of it raised with the help of local kids on the Johnson Creek
- Chris and Sarah of Pacific Pie Company and their Aussie-style pies (and pasties!) – good neighbours just over on 37th!
- Josh and Sarah of Sacred Organics will be there with about a dozen different types of garlic and homemade skin-care products.
- A new (to the HUFM) acoustic duo called Rain or Shine, playing gypsy jazz, neo-klezmer and other things that make me dance. I, for one, can’t wait, and the music is always free.
- Some neighbourhood kids are going to show up with their hand-made crafts and maybe their friend the teenage juggler
As you can see, this market is all about the folks that live here — everyone and their dog is welcome. Come join us this Sunday, 12 July for our Even Grander Hawthorne Urban Faremers’ Market Grand Opening 2: Bigger, Bolder and more Hawthorny
As always, rockin’ the block in our little corner of Sunnyside, from 1-6pm. Take a walk down past 39th and come see some of this Ultra-local vibe that everyone is talking about.
Check out the upcoming crops list to see what’s going to be fresh this week.
Sellwood Garden Club Produce Bounty - just one of many produce vendors at the Hawthorne Urban Farmers' Market
Despite this last Sunday being the tail-end of a holidy, we had lots of folks show up and lend their support to our little, fledgling farmers’ market.
Thanks so much to everyone who showed up and really made it a fun time for everyone.
We’re really looking forward to next week when we’ll have even more of SE Portland’s urban farmers in attendence as well as vendors selling home-made and useful things like soap and tables. I’ve contacted a few folks about becoming food vendors at the Hawthorne Market, so you may very well get to snack on things other than berries, though there’s hardly anything wrong with that!
I, for one, can’t wait ’til next week for more fun, food and barter. And, to the gal that traded me a couple of Blue Boar for carrots — you totally made my day, cuz it was hot!
We are so thrilled, after 2 weeks of increasingly busy and fun “soft opening,” we’re calling it real. So every darn Sunday, from now until at least Thanksgiving, you can buy the Ultra-local produce that has thus far only been available by joining the CSA or eating at the best restaurants in Portland.
Now, from 1-6pm, in the lot of the Hawthorne Auto Clinic, at 43rd and Hawthorne.
The ONLY place to get produce from SE Portland’s evolving and rebellious gang of Urban Farmers.