We had such a great opening weekend this last week, complete with music from Demon Squirrel, Denali and the bluegrass sensation more often seen at the White Eagle, Student Loan, we’re totally stoked to be bringing even more new vendors this week. Some of the folks who’ve contacted us about joining for the 12 July Hawthorne Market include:
- Dan of City Garden Farms with plenty more exciting produce, some of it raised with the help of local kids on the Johnson Creek
- Chris and Sarah of Pacific Pie Company and their Aussie-style pies (and pasties!) – good neighbours just over on 37th!
- Josh and Sarah of Sacred Organics will be there with about a dozen different types of garlic and homemade skin-care products.
- A new (to the HUFM) acoustic duo called Rain or Shine, playing gypsy jazz, neo-klezmer and other things that make me dance. I, for one, can’t wait, and the music is always free.
- Some neighbourhood kids are going to show up with their hand-made crafts and maybe their friend the teenage juggler
As you can see, this market is all about the folks that live here — everyone and their dog is welcome. Come join us this Sunday, 12 July for our Even Grander Hawthorne Urban Faremers’ Market Grand Opening 2: Bigger, Bolder and more Hawthorny
As always, rockin’ the block in our little corner of Sunnyside, from 1-6pm. Take a walk down past 39th and come see some of this Ultra-local vibe that everyone is talking about.
Check out the upcoming crops list to see what’s going to be fresh this week.